Friday, April 20, 2012

Life is about accomplishments!

What is the meaning of life? That I am not sure. What I do know is that life is about successes. A person is not remembered for the things they fail to do. Babe Ruth was not remembered for the times he struck out, but he was remembered for the times he hit the ball. I failed to get a degree the first time I went to college. What is remembered now is that I went back to school at the age of 37, and completed my degree. Failures are the building blocks of successes. Some people take more failures to succeed than others. IN the end- it is the successes that are remembered. I do not know how many times the light bulb was designed and failed. We only remember when the light bulb finally light up. That defining moment when "the light goes on" is what is important. When one finds themselves falling short of success, remember these will all be forgotten once success is achieved. Failure is a harsh word. When one fails they begin to feel like a failure. The desire to succeed must come from the knowledge that the reward is in the success- not the failure. The failure is not the last word, but one of many first words. The meaning of life- fail until you succeed- that's my words of wisdom for today!

Uncle Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment