Tuesday, April 24, 2012

something different on words of wisdom.

Tonight I wish to try and get some feedback. I am posting something different, please take the time to respond.
My mother is afraid of Motorcycles. I was never allowed to have a dirt bike. My Dad did figure some way out to let us get a three wheeler ( you know, they were MUCH safer than a bike!). I succeeded in proving her theory, I broke my pelvis in three places during a real cool wreck. That ended my riding career while I lived at mom's house. When I went away to college, I found myself in a unique situation. My friend wanted to buy a real cool bike, but he had to sell this Yamaha 450 for 500 bucks. What Mom didn't know, wouldn't hurt her. I bought the bike. The first thing I did was take my girlfriend for a ride-- she loved it! I was hooked. Then only after two days, My friend had his new bike stolen. He asked to buy his old one back- And I was walking again. For 16 years, I liked bikes, but the idea of riding a bike was too far fetched. The Girlfriend who loved the bike ended up being my wife. We had never discussed buying a bike (or two). After my son's 16th birthday party, he decided he wanted to use his birthday money and buy a Honda shadow 500. I went with him to pick it up, but he did not know how to ride. I dusted off my 16 year old skills, and drove it home for him. We joked about how long (if ever) it would take my wife to accept the bike. He was practice riding around the yard when my wife stepped out, asked him if she could ride. We both were surprised. She rode for 2-3 laps around the yard. While she was returning to the house, she said," that was fun, we need to get some of these". We bought our first bike 1 week later. We bought a black with red flames Honda shadow 650. It was supposed to be for me..... she took it over and told me to get my own. Soon after I found a 1100 Yamaha Virago. We have been riding ever since. Post your story, lets share some first rides!

No comments:

Post a Comment